Monday, May 20, 2013

Italian Home Cooking: Roasted Eggplants, Roated Eggplants Salad and roasted potatoes

Recipe source: My dear friend, Antonietta, an all-heart Swiss-born Italian.

My sons had a play day with Antonietta's youngest son and we had lunch together. That was my first time ever tasted Italian home-style dishes and I love, love, love them. I have to reproduce them at home. Again, I ate too much!

To be frank, I do think Italian home-style cooking is a lot healthier than Chinese one. Simple ingredients, simple cooking methods and the results? Simply beautiful dishes! You get to taste the pure essences of the food itself.

That's the beauty of home cooking. Of course you can find fancy dishes in fancy restaurants. They are like beautiful women with heavy make-ups. Home-cooking is like your mom without any make-up on. Who do you want to give a big hug first?









No comments:

Post a Comment